Here you will find some useful information to make your visit and stay in Croatia as comfortable as possible.
Zagreb Tourist Board
Visit the webpage of Zagreb Tourist Board where you can find all information about Zagreb and it’s services from accommodation to places to visit.
The Andrija Stampar School of Public Health – dormitory
The Andrija Štampar School of Public Health where most of our courses are organized has a dormitory with convenient prices. Let us know in case you would want to stay there during training.
International airport Pleso is situated 17 km south from the city. Main railway station (+385 (0)60 / 333-444) and Central bus station (+385 (0)60 / 313-333) are close to the town centre, about 500 m from each other, which facilitates combined trips.
The best means of public transport in Zagreb is the electric tram network regulated by ZET (Zagrebački električki tramvaj). Buses are mostly used through northern, hilly part of Zagreb, and for connecting outskirts with the center of the city.
Download TRAM map (PDF)
Phone: +385 (0)60 800 800 or +385 1777
Croatian currency unit is the Croatian Kuna (KN or HRK). Nominal values are:
COINS – 5, 10, 20, 50 lipa; 1, 2, 5 kuna.
NOTES – 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 kuna.1 kuna
For the current exchange rates please check: www.hnb.hr
- 112 Emergency number
- 192 Police
- 193 Fire Brigade
- 194 Ambulance
- 18981 General Information
- January 1st – New Year
- January 6 – Epiphany
- Easter and Easter Monday (changes yearly)
- May 1st – May Day
- The Feast of Corpus Christi (changes yearly)
- June 22 – Day of the Anti-fascist Struggle
- June 25 – Day of the Croatian Statehood
- August 5 – Homeland Thanksgiving Day
- October 8 – Independence Day
- November 1st – All Saints Day
- December 25 and 26 – Christmas
- Banks: 07.30-20.00 Monday to Friday, 08.00-12.00 Saturday
- Shops: 08.00-20.00 Monday to Friday, 08.00-14.00 Saturday
- Shopping centers: 10.00 – 22.00 Monday to Sunday